Financement : European Rural Almanac : keeping traditional culture alive
Partenaires : Departament de Medi Ambient. Consell de Mallorca (Spain), Umweltrat der Stadt Fehmarn (Germany), Περιφέρεια Ηπείρου. Region of Epirus (Greece), Almanachs Traditionnels Européens (European Rural Almanac : keeping traditional culture alive), Centre Permanent d’Initiatives pour l’Environnement A Rinascita (Corse)
Responsable scientifique : Dominique Verdoni
- To recover the traditional cultural heritage linked to almanacs - both tangible and intangible - through an interdisciplinary approach.
- To promote the trans-national mobility of artists, researchers, technicians of public bodies and other professionals interested in almanacs and rural culture.
- To support the trans-national circulation of cultural and artistic works and products linked to the culture of almanacs in Europe.
- To increase knowledge and access of the culture of almanacs and the diverse cultural expressions linked to them as a European common cultural heritage through a Virtual European Rural Almanac.
- To create a European network in order to transfer the results of the project to other European countries and institutions that do not take part of the project partnership so that mechanisms for continuing and expanding project results on a long-term basis will be established.
- To ensure the transference of this legacy to young people and children.
- To promote synergies between cultural sector and sustainable development policies.
- Recovery of traditions and cultural heritage linked to almanacs in Europe.
- Promotion of dialogue and interchange of ideas and approaches among people coming from different cultural sectors and fields of expertise (culture, environment and rural development) through almanacs.
- Increase of knowledge of the cultural heritage linked to European almanacs and rise in citizens’ awareness of the importance of its preservation and dissemination, paying special attention to children and young people.
- Trans-national circulation of people, cultural works and products linked to the culture of almanacs in Europe.
- Creation of an up-dated virtual European almanac connecting past, present and future of the diverse cultural expressions linked to almanacs.
- Creation of a long-lasting cooperation network at European level, which will go beyond the duration of the planned actions and the project partnership by means the incorporation of European countries and institutions that do not take part of the initial partnership.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.